The purpose and mission of the AUUS is to provide a safe haven for an intentionally diverse community that inspires, nurtures, and empowers individuals in their personal and spiritual growth; while supporting and encouraging proactive involvement in societal and worldwide issues in accordance with the UU principles and values embraced by the community.
Unitarian Universalists affirm and promote:
1) The inherent worth and dignity of every person
2) Justice, equity and compassion in human relations
3) Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth
4) A free and responsible search for truth and meaning
5) The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregation and in society at large
6) The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all
7) Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.